Since it was my rest day yesterday, I ran to the mall to buy some gifts for my friends. There were so many people and I decided to go home after and have dinner at home.
After lazing around on the couch, I was too tired to get up and eat out. I checked the fridge to see what I can cook and I caught sight of the canned tuna in the far corner of our food storage. I remembered the tuna pancakes we used to cook in the morning with my ex-roomie Stifany and decided to cook some. It’s quick, easy, delicious and healthy! It only took me 20 minutes of preparation and frying.
Minutes to prepare: 10 | Minutes to cook: 10 | Number of Servings: 2
- 1/4 medium onion – diced
- 1 tomato – diced
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- Parsley – diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 can of tuna (corned)
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour (optional)
- Drain tuna from the can.
- Dice the onion, tomato, parsley and garlic. Be sure to remove the seed from the tomato. Chop everything as fine as you could.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and add the onion, tomato, parsley, garlic and tuna. Add the flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour oil into frying pan and let it heat. After, reduce the heat to low so as not to burn the pancakes.
- If flour was used, make a patty in your hand and drop it in the oil. If flour was not used, make a patty in your hand and squeeze to remove the liquid and everything will stick together.
- Fry each side for 3 minutes. Make sure to have that golden color on each side – that means everything sticks together, otherwise, it will break once flipped.
- Remove from frying pan and let it dry on top of a kitchen towel to remove oil.
- Serve with hot rice, ketchup or mayo.
Try it and let me know how it works for you. You can also share your recipe to me, will be so glad to try!